SOCIAL MEDIA & COMMUNITY MANAGER
For nearly three decades we’ve been developing, testing and engineering technical fabrications and laminations in apparel. Everything we do is based around innovation, people, purpose with the goal to build the best performance products with our active-minded community. We create products. We create a community. We create experiences.
Our key building blocks:
The Social Media & Community Manager balances the communication of the brand narrative to create an emotional connection with our fans to ultimately build a community with the support of our product launches. He/she/they set the strategy and vision for the brand interaction via digital/social channels. He/she/they set the strategy for each channel as well as identifying, strategizing and testing emerging social channels. Social Media & Community Manager will foster conversation and alignment with the current 686 community digitally and irl, and be expected to expand and build new communities around key brand propositions and products. The Social Media & Community Manager will be instrumental in establishing 686 as a player beyond winter into streetwear and workwear over the next year. Although strategy and vision are inherent to the role, he/she/they will also be involved in the daily building and blocking and tackling required by growth in a smaller company. This is a pivotal role as it is where our brand and community truly come to life.
- Drive the brand vision, mission and values through all social media channels.
- In partnership with VP of Marketing and Brand Managers create a differentiated but connected strategy for “Snow” and the newly emerging streetwear and workwear products and brand extensions.
- Work in partnership with the e-commerce team to assist in teasing and launching products, partnerships and campaigns. Leverage key social media and digital platforms as sales channels.
- In partnership with the VP of Marketing and the brand managers set the strategy and vision for Social Media.
- Develop a sound approach to balance primary social media platforms like Facebook/Instagram and emerging ones.
- Identify, test and evaluate new and emerging platforms, creating KPI’s and reporting.
- Set a high bar for visual curation of the platforms, with the primary goal to differentiate and communicate the brand’s narrative and vision.
- Use social media as a way to inform, inspire and engage our community to create a two way dialogue enriching both the users and the brand.
- Continue to build our community and unlock their potential via a variety of scalable and meaningful engagement tactics digitally and physically.
- Create and share reports on major KPIs to measure success and efficacy and draw insights to continuously improve our performance.
- Create assets as needed for Social Media Channels.
- Coach and develop the Social Media Coordinator.
- Set a tone of excellence both creatively and executionally striving for operational excellence.
- 3-5 years of marketing and social media experience.
- Strong creative eye and excellent sense of aesthetic.
- Strong understanding of e-commerce and social media as a sales channel.
- Ability to create graphics and assets via adobe or other editing suite.
- Passion for humans and their stories.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self starter.
- Ability to influence others and challenge the status quo.
- Passionate about trends and culture from Outdoors, Art, Music, Fashion, Sports and Food.
- Team player able to work in a highly collaborative and non-siloed environment.
- Assertive point of view and ability to debate, dissent and defend their opinions when and if needed.
- Strategic mindset and business acumen.
- Balance of analytical and intuition.